Monday, June 17, 2013

happy father's day

just as i am blessed with two mothers, i am also blessed with two fathers. i spent the day celebrating how fun and great they are and it really was a great day. i don't think i thank them enough for all of the great things that they do for me because there are not words for what great men they are!

left: superman shirt for my pops, right: my stepmom with my dad
 we went to this brunch place that's only open on mother's day/father's day/easter as tradition and opened presents and talked about some of our favorite memories with my daddy. below: me and my sibs w/my dad

my letter to my daddy: "What a guy. I'm continually blessed by your love, wisdom, and encouragement. You've taught me that it's okay to be silly and cheesy jokes should be told in plenty. Five years ago we thought cancer would get the best of you and now we're looking at a multi-organ surgery to possibly get rid of it for good. I'm so thankful for the strong, godly man that you are and I'm so thankful that I can call you dad. I love you, Pops."

old photo to convey how silly my stepdad is
we got him a batman shirt, unplanned from the superman shirt too!


 and we celebrated at the new dave and buster's. we played so many games and their prizes were lame so we cashed our tickets in for candy and then went and got ice cream.

how did you celebrate father's day? what are the nicknames you have for your dad?
[i have pops, padre, daddy, dad, daddy-o, old man, etc]

xo, molly

No comments:

Post a Comment